During the first floor renovation, the Library is unable to accept book donations. Here are several other resources to find new homes for your old books:
- If you would like to schedule a pickup please contact 708-388-7800.
- Accepted Items: Novels, Paperback and Hard Cover, Kids Books, Religious and Inspirational Books, Fiction
- Not Accepted: Reference Books, Businesses, Library Texts, Encyclopedias, Magazines, Newspapers
- Drop off at 4131 Dundee Road in Northbrook
- Accepted Items: Books, records, CDs, videocassettes and DVDs.
- HALF PRICE BOOKS
- Drop off at 151 Skokie Valley Road in Highland Park.
- Accepted Items: Receive cash for your books, music, movies, games, game consoles, e-readers. Bestsellers preferred but anything in good condition will be considered.
- OPEN BOOKS
- Drop off in the bin at 2727 Shermer Road in Northbrook or at the store at 213 W. Institute Pl. in Chicago.
- For pickup, fill out the form on their website.
- Accepted Items: Sellable books in good condition.
- PURPLE HEART