1201 Cedar Lane, Northbrook, IL 60062
On September 15th, the Northbrook Library and 23 other local libraries in the Cooperative Computer Services (CCS) consortium will switch from using BiblioCommons (BC) as the catalog to using Enterprise.
- Download e-books and
- e-audiobooks directly from the catalog
- Easy sign-in with your library card number and password
- Update your own contact information online
- Send yourself a text or email about items in the catalog
- View the catalog in multiple languages
- Use the ADA-compliant view
As always, you'll be able to search and view the collections of all 24 libraries in the consortium
If you create lists and/or use the My Shelves features in BiblioCommons, you’ll see some major changes with the switch over.
- BiblioCommons’ My Shelves lists are going away
- Completed and In Progress shelves content (aka what you have checked out) will automatically migrate to Enterprise as My Completed lists
- August 15 is the cut-off date for BC list migration to Enterprise; new BiblioCommons lists or changes in existing BiblioCommons lists will not be migrated to Enterprise after August 15
- Any tagging, reviews, stars or genre information that you’ve added to a BC list will not migrate to Enterprise
- All lists in Enterprise will be private; no more shared/public lists. Lists that are migrated to Enterprise will be private lists
- Items may be added manually to Enterprise’s My Completed lists. We are working on a way for users to choose to add items automatically when checking out
Any lists, and items added to your lists or shelves before August 15th, should automatically be transferred over to your account in Enterprise
We’ve put together several free resources you can use if you wish to transfer your lists from BC before the switchover. Please note, lists and Completed and In Progress shelves content should automatically be migrated to Enterprise; the resources below would be useful if you wish to retain your reviews and tags.
GoodReads: Personal bookshelves, rate and review books, see what others are reading, participate in discussion boards and groups, get suggestions for future reads.
LibraryThing: Catalog books, write reviews, connect with others through Forums and Groups.
Shelfari: Catalog books, contribute to information pages, write reviews, connect with others through Forums and Groups.
WeRead: Catalog books, contribute to information pages, write reviews, connect with others through Forums and Groups, read online.
Libib: Catalog, rate and notate books, movies, and games.
The Reading Room: Catalog, rate and review books, read sample chapters online, participate in group discussions.
How We Can Help You: Meet the New Catalog Demonstations
Throughout August and September we’ll be holding demonstrations of the new catalog and how to use it, as well as demonstrate how to transfer your lists, tags, and reviews to other resources. Sign up for a “Meet the New Catalog” demonstration on the dates listed in the right sidebar by calling us at 847-272-6224 or clicking the "Register" link.