Whether starting a new business, growing an existing business, or entering a new market, the library can provide you with resources to help you achieve your goals. To learn more about how we can help your business or organization, visit the Reference Department on the 2nd floor, call 847-272-4873, or email email@example.com.
Library Business Resources
Our Reference librarians are available to assist you with research, database searching, or accessing our available eResources. You can contact our Reference Department at 847-272-4873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get a free library card for your company or business. Learn more.
- Conduct market research, create mailing lists, produce competitor reports, and more with Reference Solution (Formerly Reference USA).
- Find more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources from LexisNexis—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790 with Nexis Uni.
- See all of the library's resources for business.
Study Rooms & Meeting Spaces
- A study room may be reserved for 1 - 7 days in advance with a Northbrook Public Library card. Walk-up reservations are allowed at the Reference desk if a room is available (no library card required).
- Learn about our public meeting rooms, and how to reserve one with a Northbrook Library card
- Each month, we offer learning opportunities for popular business software programs. See our adult technology classes this month | next month
- Our makerspace, the Collaboratory, can help you with a variety of equipment, including a laser cutter, CNC machine, 3D printers, embroidery machine, and more. (Note: appointments are currently available to Northbrook Library cardholders only.)
- Download the Northbrook Public Libary app from the App to check out materials using your phone's camera, access a digital version of your library card, search the catalog and place holds on items, register for events, access your library account, and more.
- Use your Northbrook Public Library card to access thousands of digital magazines, including "The Economist," "Kiplinger's Personal Finance," "Fast Company," "Entrepreneur Magazine," "Inc," and more on your computer or digital device one the Libby app or OverDrive app or website.
- Computers are available on a walk-in basis if no one is waiting (no library card required). You can also reserve a computer up to one week in advance. Call 847-272-4873 or email email@example.com during our open hours to schedule an appointment.
LinkedIn Learning for Professional Development
Use your library card to access more than 16,000 courses on a wide variety of topics in management, leadership, marketing, social media, and more from LinkedIn Learning for Libraries.
One-on-One Business Mentoring From SCORE
Get free and confidential business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses during a one-hour meeting with a business mentor from SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors. To connect with a business mentor, fill out an online Mentor Request form.