We are excited to announce upcoming changes to our catalog and our checkout policies that will enrich your library experience. We thank you for your patience and welcome your feedback as we navigate these changes.
New Catalog Features
- A better, faster browsing experience. The new catalog is optimized for phones and tablets, making it great for on-the-go browsing.
- Your materials will renew 3 days before they are due*, if there are no holds on the item, up to 2 times. You’ll also receive a courtesy reminder when your materials can no longer be automatically renewed.
- Choose how you receive notifications: phone call, email, and text messages are all available options.
- You can pick up materials at any of the 24 libraries within our consortium.
- Keep track of what you want to read and watch with the My Lists feature, or opt-in to save your checkout history to revisit old favorites.
- You can see a map of where other items are located if our copy is checked out with the Map It feature.
- When you have overdue items, you can get an estimate on how much you owe with the fine estimator.
- Change the catalog to another language to make searching easier for non-English users.
We will update our Catalog Help page with instructions and tutorials for the new catalog closer to the April 17 launch date.
Come to one of our drop-in help sessions:
- Friday, April 20, 10:00-11:00am, Lobby
- Monday, April 23, 7:00-8:00pm, Lobby
- Monday, April 30, 2:00-3:00pm, Lobby
Having trouble? Please call us or visit any of our service desks. One-on-one tech help appointments are available. Fill out this form to request an appointment.
The following changes will take effect on Tuesday, April 17:
- You can check out as many items as you want!
Note: Borrowing limits for downloadable materials are set by our service providers and are not affected by our policy changes.
- You can check out almost all of our items for a longer time.
- New and Lucky Day films will now check out for 1 week.
- All other items* may be checked out for 3 weeks.
*excludes in-house equipment
- Overdue fines for almost all items* will be lowered to $.10 per day
*Late fees for DVDs and Blu-rays will remain $1.00 per day.
- Almost all items* will renew automatically 3 times, if other patrons do not have a hold on them
*excludes Lucky Day materials
- The maximum fine per item has been lowered to $2.00.
- New items* will be holdable exclusively to Northbrook patrons for their first three months in the collection.
*excludes Lucky Day materials, which are browse-only
We will update our Loan Period & Fines page with additional details closer to the April 17 launch date.