If your library card has fines of $10 or more, you will be unable to check out, renew, or place holds on materials until the balance owed is brought below $10. Fines may be paid in person at the Circulation Desk or online by logging into your account.
- Overdue fines will lower to $0.10 per day for all items except DVDs and Blu-rays, which will remain at $1.00 per day.
- The maximum fine per item has been lowered to $2.00.
- New and Lucky Day films will now check out for 1 week. All other items* may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- All items** will be eligible for 3 automatic renewals if other patrons do not have a hold on the item.
- You can check out as many items as you want; we no longer have material limits!
- New items*** will be holdable exclusively to Northbrook patrons for their first three months in the collection.
- We will no longer charge a $5.00 processing fee on lost or damaged items.
* Excludes in-house equipment
** Excludes Lucky Day materials
*** Excludes Lucky Day materials, which are browse-only