Posted: Wednesday, February 8
Department: Youth Services
Hours: 35 hours per week (includes one evening a week and weekend rotation)
Enthusiastic, creative collaborator sought to develop and maintain Youth programs as part of our vibrant Library team.
Northbrook Public Library is a suburban Library with strong community support, bustling programming schedule and ample space. As a member of our team, you will create new programs for young children, deliver engaging storytimes, and plan programs and displays that will “wow” our many users. Our recently renovated auditorium space is perfect for anyone looking to create trend setting, entertaining, and enriching events for others. If you love a lot of variety in your day, you will love this position.
- Develop and administer a variety of programs including storytimes and workshops.
- Collaborate with staff and community organizations to coordinate Youth Services program schedule and promotional efforts.
- Provide service to patrons at a busy Youth Services desk.
- Evaluate and book presenters.
- Create interactive displays and exhibits.
- Coordinate Youth Services program and promotion schedules.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to collaborate with staff, community organizations, presenters and performers.
- Experience working with youth, birth-high school.
- Knowledge of Children’s and Young Adult literature.
- Ability to coordinate varied schedules.
- Experience performing, building interactive displays and/or constructing scenery a plus.
Northbrook Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Education:
Bachelor's degree in a field related to job duties.
Starting at $36,820 - $46,025 depending on qualifications, plus a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and application to:
Northbrook Public Library
1201 Cedar Lane
Northbrook, IL 60062