Posted: Wednesday, March 22
Department: Reader Services/MultiMedia
Hours: 35 hours per week (includes some evenings and weekends)
The Northbrook Public Library is seeking an energetic, forward-thinking adult programming coordinator who can lead the joint MultiMedia-Reader Services department’s programming efforts.
The ideal candidate will be able to plan and organize successful programs from concept to implementation, while assessing effectiveness and community needs to guide the vision of programming overall. A strong background in event and project management, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to make connections and contact with presenters are required. Successful candidates must be highly organized, self-motivated problem solvers who can work well collaboratively on a departmental, library, and community level. This is an exciting opportunity for the right visionary to make an impact in a vibrant library and highly engaged community.
- Planning, development and implementation of a variety of programs including movie events and live musical performances utilizing our state-of-the-art auditorium and projection system, as well as lectures and other cultural and enrichment programming.
- Developing and implementing new programming based on staff input and patron demand that caters to new audiences in our newly renovated Auditorium and Pollak Meeting Rooms.
- Collaborating with staff, community organizations, presenters and performers in order to coordinate department program schedule, promotional materials, and set up needs.
- Assisting department manager in assessing, evaluating and guiding overall direction of programming using statistical data and other measurement tools.
- Collaborating with other library departments and community organizations to create large-scale events and programs.
Qualifications & Experience:
Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills, ability to collect and analyze data, exemplary customer service ability, and an aptitude for collaboration. Candidates should also have a background in user experience and planning and implementing events or programs, Experience in a library department focused on readers’ advisory or audio visual formats a plus.
Northbrook Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Education:
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, humanities, education or related field. MLS degree from an ALA accredited library school desirable.
Starting at $37,501 - $46,876 depending on qualifications & education, plus a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and application to:
Northbrook Public Library
1201 Cedar Lane
Northbrook, IL 60062