The Northbrook Public Library seeks an experienced and collaborative individual to promote staff harmony and efficiency along with planning, developing and supervising the activities and employees of the Circulation Department.
As a member of the management team, some key functions of the Circulation Manager include:
- Facilitates superior library service to patrons and the Northbrook community.
- Interviews, hires, teaches, trains, supervises and disciplines Circulation staff.
- Interacts with staff from other departments to solve problems and promote excellent patron service.
- Creates and maintains excellent procedures to assist staff in following and implementing the policies set by the Board of Trustees.
- Takes responsibility for the statistical data relevant to the Circulation Department.
- Teaches the Circulation staff the currently used Integrated Library System. Investigates malfunctions in computer equipment and associated programs.
- Performs various Circulation functions, including checkouts, renewals, etc.
- Serves as Circulation liaison with Cooperative Computer Services (CCS), the Library's ILS Consortium, and implements CCS policies and procedures at the Library.
- Performs other duties as requested to facilitate the smooth operation of the Library and the functioning of the staff.