18 hours/weel (day and weekend hours)in the Youth Services Department
Our creative, customer focused Youth Services team needs a new member to provide support to our diverse community. If you enjoy working with children and teens, have knowledge of child development and children’s literature, and love to create programs for kids, then this position is for you.
Varies week to week (average between 10-20 hr/month)in the Youth Services Department
- Assist library staff and presenters before, during, and after programs with set ups and equipment.
- On the day of program or event, direct public to appropriate queues, hand out materials, and provide information about the program or event.
- Monitor the library meeting rooms or auditorium during program and events to ensure proper use. Contact appropriate staff when assistance is necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
Friendly, outgoing person with strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
Experience working with the public and flexible schedule is highly desirable.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
16 hours per week
This position will be scheduled on a four week rotation that includes: Tuesdays 5:00 pm – 9:15 pm; Wednesdays 9:15 am – 5:15 pm; one Friday 8:30 am – 1:15 pm, one Saturday 8:30 am – 5:15 pm & two Sundays 12:30 pm – 5:15 pmin the Circulation Department
Applicants must possess the ability to perform various circulation functions in a friendly and professional manner to a diverse patron base:
- Check in/out books and materials.
- Interact with patrons concerning circulation of materials, issuance of library cards, collecting fines/fees, etc.
- Open and close the library during an assigned shift.
- Answer incoming telephone calls providing routine information, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Prepare basic circulation reports as pertains to daily work.
- Sort returned books in alphabetical and numerical order on carts.
- Use various technologies to complete work.
Interact with outside agencies including other local libraries.
Direct patron inquiries.
Inspect and redirect materials for cleaning, repair, withdrawal, reordering.
Inspect books for damage and handle appropriately.
Perform other library related activities as required.