Day, evening and weekend hours - minimum 4 hour shift required on either Saturday or Sunday
- Position 1: 12 hours per week
- Position 2: 18 hours per week
Applicants must possess the ability to:
- Sort, shelve, shift, shelf read and inspect materials.
- Pick up materials from various areas and reshelve.
- Direct patrons to the appropriate service desk.
- Assist with special projects relating to Circulation including pulling holds and packing and unpacking delivery bins, gathering statistical information and other projects as needed.
- Work independently.
18 hrs / weekin the Maintenance Department
We are currently seeking a part-time Custodian to join our Maintenance team. Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Clean building (floors, lighting, and furniture) by dusting, wiping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming to ensure a tidy appearance of the library.
- Follow up on general cleaning done by nightly cleaning crew and spot checks for areas that need additional cleaning.
- Serve as a back-up to Maintenance for meeting room setups, emptying exterior book drops, emergency clean ups and assisting with snowblowing, shoveling and salting sidewalks.
- Maintain cleanliness of staff lounge including appliances.
- Spot clean interior and exterior doors and windows.
12 hours per week
Schedule: Tuesday 5:15 pm - 9:15 pm; Wednesday 9:15 am - 1:15 pm; three Saturdays per month 9:00 am - 1:00 pm; and one Sunday per month 1:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Applicants must possess the ability to perform various circulation functions in a friendly and professional manner to a diverse patron base:
- Check in/out books and materials.
- Interact with patrons concerning circulation of materials, issuance of library cards, collecting fines/fees, etc.
- Open and close the library during an assigned shift.
- Answer incoming telephone calls providing routine information, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Prepare basic circulation reports as pertains to daily work.
- Sort returned books in alphabetical and numerical order on carts.
- Use various technologies to complete work.
Interact with outside agencies including other local libraries.
Direct patron inquiries.
Inspect and redirect materials for cleaning, repair, withdrawal, reordering.
Inspect books for damage and handle appropriately.
Perform other library related activities as required.