16 hours per week (day, evening and weekend hours)in the Circulation Department
Applicants must possess the ability to perform various circulation functions in a friendly and professional manner to a diverse patron base:
- Check in/out books and materials.
- Interact with patrons concerning circulation of materials, issuance of library cards, collecting fines/fees, etc.
- Open and close the library during an assigned shift.
- Answer incoming telephone calls providing routine information, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Prepare basic circulation reports as pertains to daily work.
- Sort returned books in alphabetical and numerical order on carts.
- Use various technologies to complete work.
Interact with outside agencies including other local libraries.
Direct patron inquiries.
Inspect and redirect materials for cleaning, repair, withdrawal, reordering.
Inspect books for damage and handle appropriately.
Perform other library related activities as required.
Four positions available ranging from 12-18 hours per week (day, evening and weekend hours - minimum 4 hour shift required on either Saturday or Sunday).in the Circulation Department
Applicants must possess the ability to:
- Sort, shelve, shift, shelf read and inspect materials.
- Pick up materials from various areas and reshelve.
- Direct patrons to the appropriate service desk.
- Assist with special projects relating to Circulation including pulling holds and packing and unpacking delivery bins, gathering statistical information and other projects as needed.
- Work independently.
18 hours/week (day and weekend hours)in the Youth Services Department
Our creative, customer focused Youth Services team needs a new member to provide support to our diverse community. If you enjoy working with children and teens, have knowledge of child development and children’s literature, and love to create programs for kids, then this position is for you.