Applicants must possess the ability to perform various circulation functions in a friendly and professional manner to a diverse patron base:
- Check in/out books and materials.
- Interact with patrons concerning circulation of materials, issuance of library cards, collecting fines/fees, etc.
- Open and close the library during an assigned shift.
- Answer incoming telephone calls providing routine information, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Prepare basic circulation reports as pertains to daily work.
- Sort returned books in alphabetical and numerical order on carts.
- Use various technologies to complete work.
Interact with outside agencies including other local libraries.
Direct patron inquiries.
Inspect and redirect materials for cleaning, repair, withdrawal, reordering.
Inspect books for damage and handle appropriately.
Perform other library related activities as required.
We are currently seeking a part-time Custodian to join our Maintenance team. Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Clean building (floors, lighting, and furniture) by dusting, wiping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming to ensure a tidy appearance of the library.
- Follow up on general cleaning done by nightly cleaning crew and spot checks for areas that need additional cleaning.
- Serve as a back-up to Maintenance for meeting room setups, emptying exterior book drops, emergency clean ups and assisting with snowblowing, shoveling and salting sidewalks.
- Maintain cleanliness of staff lounge including appliances.
- Spot clean interior and exterior doors and windows.