The library is open for you to browse, pick up holds, and use a computer, study room, and the Collaboratory by appointment during the hours below. You can call 847-272-6224 or email us during these hours.
We currently allow up to 250 visitors at a time for visits of 2 hours or less. To accommodate vulnerable populations, masks will only be required Monday – Saturday from 9:00-10:00am. At all other times, masks are only required for unvaccinated visitors ages 2 and up. Learn what to expect when you visit.
Library & Curbside Pickup Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00-5:00pm
The Collaboratory is open by appointment only. Learn more.
Scheduled Closures & Late Openings
Emergency closings are listed on our homepage and our Facebook page.
- New Year’s Day, Friday, January 1, 2021
Safety Training, Thursday, January 21, 2021 (late open)
- Easter, Sunday, April 4, 2021
- Staff Development Day, Friday, May 14, 2021 (library closed All Day)
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, 2021
- Fourth of July, Sunday, July 4, 2021
- Fourth of July, Monday, July 5, 2021
- Safety Training, Friday, August 6, 2021 (late open)
- Labor Day, Sunday, September 5, 2021
- Labor Day, Monday, September 6, 2021
- Thanksgiving Eve, Wednesday, November 24, 2021 (close at 6:00 p.m.)
- Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24, 2021
- Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25, 2021
- New Year’s Eve, Friday, December 31, 2021 (close at 3:00 p.m.)
- New Year’s Day, Saturday, January 1, 2022
Location & Directions
We are located at:
From the North:
Waukegan south to Shermer. Right on Shermer to the stoplight at Church. Right on Church. Street curves past Sunset Foods. Go under the train underpass. Library is on the left side on the next corner.
From the West:
Lake-Cook Road or Dundee east to Pfingsten. Right (south) on Pfingsten to Cherry. Left (east) on Cherry. Library is on corner of Cherry and Cedar just before the train underpass.
From the Southwest:
294 north to Willow. Right (east) on Willow to Pfingsten. Left (north) on Pfingsten to Cherry. Right (east) on Cherry. Library is on corner of Cherry and Cedar just before the train underpass.
From the South (Chicago):
North on Edens (94) to Willow. Left on Willow to Waukegan. Right (north) on Waukegan to Shermer. Left on Shermer to the stoplight at Church. Right on Church. Street curves past Sunset Foods. Go under the train underpass. The Library is on the left side on the next corner.