The library is open for you to browse and check out items, pick up holds, and use a computer/printer/fax, study room, and the Collaboratory by appointment during the hours below. You can call 847-272-6224 or email us during these hours. What to expect when you visit.
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00-5:00pm
Scheduled Closures & Late Openings
Emergency closings are listed on our homepage and our Facebook page.
- New Year’s Day, Friday, January 1, 2022
- Security Training, Friday, January 21, 2022 (late open, 11am)
- Security Training, Friday, March 4, 2022
- Easter, Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Staff Development Day, Friday, May 13, 2022 (library closed all day)
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2022
- Fourth of July, Monday, July 4, 2022
- Security Training, Friday, August 5, 2022 (late open, 11am)
- Labor Day, Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2022
- Thanksgiving Eve, Wednesday, November 23, 2022 (close at 6:00 p.m.)
- Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25, 2021
- Christmas Day, Monday, December 26, 2022
- New Year’s Eve, Saturday, December 31, 2022 (close at 3pm)
- New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2023
Location & Directions
We are located at:
From the North:
Waukegan south to Shermer. Right on Shermer to the stoplight at Church. Right on Church. Street curves past Sunset Foods. Go under the train underpass. Library is on the left side on the next corner.
From the West:
Lake-Cook Road or Dundee east to Pfingsten. Right (south) on Pfingsten to Cherry. Left (east) on Cherry. Library is on corner of Cherry and Cedar just before the train underpass.
From the Southwest:
294 north to Willow. Right (east) on Willow to Pfingsten. Left (north) on Pfingsten to Cherry. Right (east) on Cherry. Library is on corner of Cherry and Cedar just before the train underpass.
From the South (Chicago):
North on Edens (94) to Willow. Left on Willow to Waukegan. Right (north) on Waukegan to Shermer. Left on Shermer to the stoplight at Church. Right on Church. Street curves past Sunset Foods. Go under the train underpass. The Library is on the left side on the next corner.