- Can I call to reserve a meeting room?
- What rooms are available to reserve?
- Can I reserve the Auditorium?
- Who can reserve the Civic Room, Pollak Rooms, and Interactive Classroom?
- Can my group use the meeting room?
- How often can the meeting rooms be booked?
- How far in advance can I book a room?
- Can I book a room for the same day or with only 24 hours notice?
- Is there any cost to reserve the rooms?
- Are there any fees to use the room?
- How will fees be charged?
- Can I bring food or drinks in to the rooms?
- If I need to bring food, can I set it up in the café area?
- How long can my room reservation be?
- What information do I need to reserve a meeting room?
- What room setups are available?
- Can I create a customized room set-up?
- What kind of pianos are available to use?
- How can a condo association book a meeting room?
- Can I reserve a room for a private party or birthday party?
- I’m not a Northbrook resident, but I’ve used the Library’s rooms for my organization in the past. Am I able to reserve again now that the rooms are re-opened?
- How do I cancel my reservation?
Meeting rooms can only be reserved by filling out our online form and cannot be reserved over the phone or in person. If you need assistance with filling out the form, please visit the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library.
For small groups (under 6 people), consider reserving a study room. Contact the Magazines desk at extension 224 for study room reservations and further details.
For larger groups, the Library offers the Civic Room, Pollak Rooms and Interactive Classroom.
The Civic Room has a conference set-up with a large table that seats 14 people; extra chairs can be added to hold up to 40 people.
The Pollak Room offers a chance for various set-ups, accommodates more people (100 in total), and can be divided in half with a soundproof divider (50 people per side). You can reserve either one side of a room (50 people) or the entire room (100 people).
The Interactive Classroom offers various set-ups, and accommodates up to 32 people.
At this time the Auditorium is for Library-sponsored programs only.
Rooms may be reserved by an individual 18 years or older with a valid Northbrook Library card in good standing. That person must be present during the entire event. A second signee age 18 or older and with a valid Northbrook Library card in good standing may be added to the reservation and the room reservation may be transferred to that person. To preserve the confidentiality of the signee, the Library will only speak to the cardholder or alternate cardholder who reserved the room regarding the reservation
Priority for any meeting room is given first to Library and Library sponsored or co-sponsored functions, including functions of the Northbrook Public Library Foundation.
The room is then available for reservations to:
- Friends of the Northbrook Public Library programs, meetings or activities;
- Meetings of municipalities, agencies or departments of local government located within the library boundaries;
- Meetings of organizations whose purposes are educational, cultural or civic in nature and/or classified as a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3);
- Businesses within the district boundaries in need of space to conduct a meeting.
An individual with a valid Northbrook Library card in good standing may book the rooms up to 18 times within a 12 month period. There is no restriction on the length of a reservation.
Meeting rooms may be booked up to 2 months in advance.
Rooms must be booked a minimum of 7 days in advance.
There is no cost to reserve a room; however, there are fees that may be incurred for use of the room. Please see below for more information.
The following are the fees associated with using the meeting rooms:
- Piano Rental: $50.00
- Extended Use of Meeting Room: $25 per each additional 15 minutes when the Library is open. If a room is not vacated at the agreed upon time, the signee shall pay $25 for each additional 15 minutes of use of the room.
- Room Occupancy after Library Closes: $100 fee if occupants are still in the room after the Library closed unless waived by Library Administration
- Cancellation Fee: $100.00 if cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice
- There is no fee for booking the room or using any of the other equipment
Any fees associated with the rooms will be added to your library card and can be paid online through the My Account feature on our website by logging in with your library card or at the Circulation desk.
Covered drinks are allowed throughout the Library including the Pollak and Civic Rooms and Interactive Classroom, but food is not permitted in the meeting rooms.
The café area may not be used to set-up food for meetings or groups.
The shortest time period is one half-hour; the longest time period varies based on the day:
Monday through Thursday: 9:15 a.m.-8:45 p.m.
Friday: 9:15 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
Saturday: 9:15 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
Sunday: 1:15 p.m.-4:45 p.m
Before you start your request for a room, you will need to have the following information ready:
- Your library card number
- How many people will be in attendance
- Date and time of your event
- What room you would like to reserve (Pollak A, Pollak B, Pollak AB, Civic, Interactive Classroom)
- Your contact information including Name, Organization name, phone, and email
- The purpose of your meeting
- What kind of set-up you would like, including how many chairs, tables, and other furniture you need
- What (if any) equipment you need
There are a variety of setups available depending on the room. Click the links below to view:
You may only choose from the room set-ups provided.
You may request the upright piano or the baby grand piano in the Pollak Room. There is a $50 charge per piano.
If the management company is located in Northbrook, you may apply for a business library card and reserve a room with that card. If you are not in Northbrook, but have a resident of the condo who is willing to reserve the room and take full legal and financial responsibility, he or she may reserve the room. Please note that all correspondence will go to the card holder’s listed contact information and not to the management association, and the card holder must be present during the entire meeting.
Rooms may be used for meetings that are educational, cultural or civic in nature, but may not be used for private parties or birthday parties.
The Civic and Pollak Rooms can only be reserved by a Northbrook Library cardholder 18 years of age or older. The cardholder must remain in the room during the entire program.
Your original confirmation email for your room reservation contains a link to cancelation form. You will need the confirmation number provided in your reservation or confirmation email. If you cancel your reservation less than 24 hours in advance, a $100 fee will be added to your library card.